Welcome to the Sisterhood of the Traveling Igorota

Now Blogging from the Philippines, Cambodia, New Jersey, Austria, Ireland, Spain, the United Arab Emirates & Maryland!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Marhaba from Abu Dhabi!

IMG_2452

Marhaba (that's Hello in Arabic) to everyone especially to the sisterhood! Miss Iggy has finally landed in the sandpit. During her first weekend, she attended a photography workshop. It was an interesting day since she learned a lot of basic techniques from the maestro, Jay Alonzo. He's one of the leading photography workshop instructors from the Philippines, who has been teaching for 14 years now. It's interesting to shoot when there's no auto controls and post-processing in your mind:

IMG_0143

IMG_0116

IMG_0113

IMG_0096

IMG_0054

And who would have thought that on her first photography workshop, Miss Iggy will be commended for this snapshot-turned-into-artshot? :)

Next week, it'll be about food photography!



4 comments:

fortuitous faery said...

Shoukran, Sandy Iggy for giving us a first glimpse of Abu Dhabi!

I'm curious as to how you got those men to pose for portraits!

Eds said...

hi miss igorota. just dropping by here from witsandnuts blog.

sandy iggy is so cute. talagang nakasali pa sya sa photography workshop e. hehehe

by the way, i'll add you in my blogroll, i hope that will be ok with you. thanks!

lauren said...

I love the photos, great job Sandy Iggy! :)

witsandnuts said...

Fortuitous Faery, afwan (that's arabic for "you're welcome")! Those guys were staring at me when I was taking shots of the nearby buildings. Then I shamelessly asked them to pose for me. I'm glad that they didn't refuse me. :)

Eds, thanks! Yes, I took her to the photo workshop.

Lauren, I'm glad that you liked the photos. :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

miss igorota's time zones: